Already a Motability Customer? | West Way
  • icon Phone & Video Appointments
  • icon Click & Collect / Home Delivery
  • icon Reserve/ Buy Online
Go Back

Motability car search:

Already A Motability Customer?

  • Looking for a Nissan under the Motability Scheme?

Changing Your Car

Cancelling my car lease agreement?

It's possible to cancel your lease agreement depending on your reasoning. Contact your Nissan Motability Expert to talk about cancelling your agreement.

My lease expires soon but I only have 6 months left on my award. What do I do?

You need 12 months on your reward to be eligible for a Nissan on Motability, make sure to place an order for a new car within this time frame. With only 6 months left you will need to arrange an extension of your existing lease. Talk to one of our Motability specialists available at any of our 9 Nissan dealerships in the UK.

When do I order my next car?

You can order your next car with 3 months to go on your current lease, as long as you have 12 months remaining on your reward.

Who taxes my car?

The Motability scheme provides your road tax for the 3 years of your lease.

How do I check my Motability car is taxed?

Your Motability car will be delivered with road tax for 1 year. After this, the Motability scheme will renew your tax every year for the length of your lease. Check your tax here:

Can I add my own private number plate?

Yes, you can. Our Motability Expert can help you with the process of adding your private number plates to your Motability car.

Are there any benefits?

Motability are now offering a £750 New Vehicle Payment once you take delivery of your car. This is open to existing customers as well as new customers. If you are a Motability customer as of 31 December 2021, you will become eligible for this offer once you take delivery of your next vehicle. 

All motability customers who have an EV also have the option to have charging points installed at their homes free of charge. 



Do I have breakdown cover?

Yes under the Motability scheme you are provided with RAC cover. If you're travelling abroad you should look at getting a breakdown cover for foreign travel.

What do I do if my car breaks down?

Call the RAC, you should have their number located in your information pack.

Am I provided with a courtesy car?

We can offer you a courtesy car. If you require a courtesy car, contact your Motability Expert.

Will I receive a replacement WAV?

While repairs or a service is being carried out on your WAV and you need a WAV to travel, call 0300 456 4566 to discuss your options.

Using your car

How many miles can I do in my Motability car?

Your allowance is 60,000 miles over the course of your 3-year lease. Additional miles will be charged at 5p per mile.

Should I be present in the car when being used?

The car is there to be used by or used for the benefit of the disabled person. You don’t need to be present in the car as long as a named driver is using it for your benefit.

Can I have a pet in my car?

Yes, you can use your Motability scheme car as you would any other car.

Can I use my Motability car for business?

The car is covered for social, domestic and pleasure purposes including travel directly between home and permanent place of work, at all times under the Certificate of Motor Insurance. If you require using the car for any other purpose, please contact RSA Motability (RSAM).

Can I fit a tow bar to my Motability car?

Yes, speak to your Motability Expert for advice on fitting.

Can you smoke in a Motability car?

Yes, you can, the smoke-free legislation does not apply to private use cars.

Do Motability cars have trackers?

Not all do. The Motability scheme is only putting trackers in about 5% of cars out of around 600,000. This is used to stop misuse of the car by registered drivers.

Motability Car Maintenance

What do I do if my car needs a repair?

You should contact your dealership to get your Motability car booked in for repairs or servicing. Any repairs or servicing that are from everyday use are covered by the Motability scheme.

What do I do about getting new tyres?

Your tyres are covered under the Motability scheme. Kwik-fit will replace your tyres at no additional cost.

What if my Motability car fails its MOT?

You aren't insured to drive a car without MOT. The MOT cost is included in your Motability scheme.

What if a mobility aid damages the car?

Any damage caused by a wheelchair or other mobility aids is classed as wear and tear.

What to do if I need my windscreen repairing?

Windscreen repair or replacement is covered by the Motability scheme, you will be charged a £50 excess payment.

Paying Fines

Do I need to pay parking tickets or traffic offences?

Yes, the Motability scheme does not cover this.

  • Receive our latest news and offers:
    Don’t worry we won’t bombard you with emails and you can refine your preferences at any time.

  • Site and contents © Site built by The Whole Caboodle.

    West Way is a trading name for AWR Automotive UK Limited, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under number 14219136 with its registered office at 27 Barnsdale Drive, Westcroft, Milton Keynes, MK4 4DD.

    AWR Automotive UK Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486). Permitted activities include advising on and arranging general insurance contracts and acting as a credit broker not a lender.

    VAT Registration Number. 338 0997 66

    We can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers. We do not charge fees for our Consumer Credit services. We may receive a payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into an agreement with them, typically either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow. The payment we receive may vary between finance providers and product types. The payment received does not impact the finance rate offered. All finance applications are subject to status, terms and conditions apply, UK residents only, 18’s or over, Guarantees may be required.

    Click here to update your details and how you would like West Way to communicate with you.